Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Ponderings whilst I wile away time

Wednesday, August 19 2009 11:30 a.m.


I have been visiting E-spirit this morning. Watching and observing Lauren as a teacher. She’s so great with her students, and is very inventive with memory cues. I am not allowed to stay throughout the whole period (since I am a distraction) and have ducked into a small cafĂ©. I figured out enough of the menu to order a small toast sandwich and Dr. Pepper :) The sandwich is DELICIOUS! Basically a peanut butter and jelly toasted sandwich with banana. YUM, YUM!


E-spirit is only a walking distance away from Lauren’s apartment, so last night she drew up a DETAILED map. She described it as a 15-minute walk and gave me a time to arrive at her classroom. I, the ever careful and prepared traveler, left the apartment early to allow myself 20 minutes to get there. I arrived in NINE. :)

My trip has been all I hoped it would be…thus far ;) It is SO great to spend time with Lauren! I have missed her very much since she left for Seoul and it’s like fitting a Duplo into place. Now I feel more sturdy and myself. I was in need of a getaway and vacation, and it has restored my being. Lauren is the best medicine!


We have done so much already:

  • Full body massage
  • CO-EX the largest underground mall in Asia
  • Korean cuisine:
  • juk = porridge
  • meat= bbq style
  • hof= bar menu (you cannot just buy drinks here. You must eat AT.ALL.TIMES.)
  • Met with American friends here in Seoul
  • Attempted to see a movie in a Korean theater
  • Story= We went to see Ice Age 3 at CO-EX mall. Lauren has seen movies there before. They have all been in English with Korean subtitle. I guess they do not do that for kids’ movies. We watched the whole first 10 minutes with the squirrel Scrat and then the talking animals appeared all dubbed in Korean. Makes sense since kids do not have the ability to read subtitles. We got a refund.
  • Noraybong/ Karaoke

Lauren introduced me to the hottest Korean drama, so on my days alone I have been relaxed watching it online. I have gone to the bank and an eatery or two on my own. Today we are to visit Dr. Fish. It’s an inventive pedicure. There will be a long tank filled with fish about the length of a hand. We are to place our feet in for about 20 minutes and the fish will dine on our dead skin cells. I asked Lauren how the fish know when to stop. She said they don’t, that’s why we take our feet out after 20 minutes :$


It’s been an adventure. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment